The Kenai Peninsula is on the list of one of the most naturally breathtaking destinations in Alaska. It’s also a haven for some of the most productive fishing in the world. If you’re planning a trip to this area, you’ll want to make sure you pick an excellent lodge that will meet your needs and make your trip unforgettable.
What Should You Look for in a Kenai Peninsula Lodge?
Several things distinguish average lodges from great ones. These are some of the key factors to look for:
- Staff and Facilities. You may be wondering what makes a lodge “great” when it comes to fishing trips on the Kenai Peninsula. It’s important to choose a lodge with quality facilities and staff who can give you all of the information about where and when you should go for your best chance at catching fish.
- Rates and Packages. You should also check out the lodge’s rates and packages. Most of the fishing lodges on the Kenai Peninsula offer packages that include some of your meals, lodging, and guide services. This can be a big deal if you’re planning to spend several days in one place.
- Experienced Fishing Guides. A Kenai Peninsula lodge’s fishing guides are another important thing to consider. You want to ensure that the guides are experienced and knowledgeable about the area, so ask them what kind of fish they’ve caught in the past and how long they’ve been fishing in the Kenai Peninsula area.
Working with experienced fishing guides is especially important if you’re a beginner. The lodge’s guides can help you learn how to cast and reel, read the water, spot fish, and more. They can also recommend which kind of gear works best in the area where you’re fishing and what bait is most likely to attract different species.
What Does Gone Fishin’ Lodge Have to Offer?
At Gone Fishin’ Lodge in Soldotna, Alaska, we are dedicated to ensuring you have a great experience during your visit to the Kenai Peninsula. Here’s what we offer:
- Shuttles, boat trips, and flights to the best fishing locations
- Skilled guides who know when and where to find the best fish and how to access these locations safely
- Internet access
- Rooms equipped with kitchenettes and a large freezer room for storing your catch
- A large recreation room with a pool table and a fully equipped kitchen area
- Supplied fishing gear like bait, rods, reels, and more
We can’t wait to help you plan your trip!
Gone Fishin’ Lodge
48672 Funny River Rd.
Soldotna, AK 99669